Happy New Year! 2016 Crochet Alongs
Happy new year to all! I love new years, and new beginnings in general. So when the new year brings with it more new crochet alongs, then what’s not to love? Here are a few of 2016 crochet alongs that I hope to be joining in, and you may want to as well! Pick your colors (you can see I’m still experimenting with mine) and choose your hooks. Crochet alongs are one of the best ways to improve your skills by trying out new stitches and squares and patterns that you may have never tried otherwise.
2016 Crochet Alongs:
- First is the 2016 Block-a-Month Crochet Along on Ravelry. This is one of my favorites, and one that I’ve participated in for many years. If you’re looking for a group that is very helpful, positive and flexible, this is a great group to join.
- The Vanna’s Choice Fan Club on Ravelry is having a crochet along that includes two blocks each month, on the 1st and 16th.
- The Red Heart Lovers Group on Ravelry is doing Frank O’Randle’s Tides of Change
- The I Love Crochet Afghans Group on Ravelry is doing something a little bit different for a crochet-along. Instead of choosing a single item to make together, they’re selecting general themes, which you can then find your own pattern and make alongside others:
- Their stained-glass theme includes links to several different patterns with a stained-glass look to it.
- The triangle/diamond theme will definitely include a lot of eye-catching items.
- The round theme includes all sorts of different blankets both made in the round or including a pattern with round motifs.
- The Red Heart Lovers Group is also doing a 2016 crochet along with a theme of cowls if you’ve been thinking of making something that’s a little less labor intensive than an entire blanket.
Do you know of any other 2016 crochet alongs? Feel free to add them in the comments so we can all join in! And happy crocheting to all for the upcoming year!